Friday, May 23, 2008

A nonviolent video game! Can't wait to play!



I'm always disappointed by the violence that society portrays as normal. I happened across a wonderful video game and couldn't be more thrilled... I'm running out to buy it ASAP! The name is, "Steer Madness." It's about a steer who narrowly escapes from a slaughterhouse and goes out to rescue other animals and saves them. This is a breath of fresh air in a world so downtrodden with the heavy silt of violence aftermath.

The designer of "Steer Madness," Johanathan Skinner was given a Proggy award by PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals)for his game in 2005. I have found that it is difficult to purchase online, but I'm looking for it, I've even put it on my wishlist on Half.com . This is something I'd be proud to give to my children as a gift, a gift of learning kindness rather than violence.

Be a good consumer and a smart human being and look for things that combat (no pun intended) the onslaught of negative media that your children witness today. Stand up for what you believe is right!

No comments: